EVERYONE has a story to tell, and a unique voice with which to tell it. The trick is to uncover your own style in order to tell that story with a truth that connects with your audience in an original way.
Our Master Class is conducted in Whitefish, Montana during the WhitefishSongwriter Festival September 16-18, 2021. In this 2-day Master Class our instructors will work with 20 students of all levels to help them clarify the aim of their writing and discover their own, unique voice.
We will begin the class with an inspiring conversation that will give you new tools to put in your songwriting toolbox. After that we’ll get down to the business of writing and working on your songs. You’ll be able to share whatever you’re working on—even if it’s just lyrics—and as a group we’ll offer support. We will suggest how to make a song stronger, find the melody to support it, and how to get to your truth and unique voice.
Thank you to our Silver Sponsor Park Side Credit Union for offering a
scholarship to all students signing up for this Master Class. The price for this class is now discounted from $295 to $195 per student.
- Susan Gibson, hit songwriter, “Wide Open Spaces”
- Jackson Emmer, songwriter instructor
- Guest Instructors from our performing hit songwriters
- During this Master Class, we will cover
- Anatomy of a song
- How to arrange a song
- A songwriter’s toolbox.
- Overcoming songwriting obstacles
- Tips to sharpen your songwriting skills with instructors and special guests
- Creating melodies that support your lyrics
- Collaborative songwriting techniques
- Your tuition includes:
- Enrollment in Master Class
- Ticket to Nashville Hit Songwriters on Saturday 9/18
- Weekend wristband to Rising Star shows
- Songwriters Toolbox
- Circle of fifths
- Rhyming dictionary
- Songwriting journal
- Class Schedule:
- All Classes at the O’Shaughnessy Center for the Performing Arts
- Thursday 9/16, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Friday 9/17, 9:00 am – 12:00
- Limited to twenty songwriters
- Tuition: $195.00